Thursday, March 10, 2011

Woman Calls 911 Over Stubbed Toe

                                       (I decided against using a gross picture of a real stubbed toe)

ALLENTOWN, Pa., March 10 - Authorities in Pennsylvania said a woman who called 911 to report her stubbed toe received an ambulance ride to the hospital. Allentown Emergency Medical Services said the 52-year-old woman, whose name was not released, first called the emergency number about 11:10 p.m. Tuesday to report her injured toe but no ambulance was dispatched, The (Allentown) Morning Call reported Wednesday. Officials said an EMS unit was dispatched when the woman called 911 a second time about 10 minutes later and she was taken to the hospital.

I totally support this lady and will back her in court. Anybody who is laughing at this or upset that she is using an emergency service for a non-emergency has apparently never really stubbed their toe. When I was growing up, the guy at the top of my street had an awesome pool. It had a waterside along with all the toys and rafts a kid could ever want. So when I found out we were going to the pool, it was game on. The goal was to beat my brothers bitch-ass up there. This meant there was no time to grab a shirt, towel, or try to find my always missing sandals. 

Problem was EVERY TIME I was on my way up I would stub the shit out of one of my toes. It was like fucking clockwork. Pretty much happened in the same spot too. I would tough it out till I made it to the pool, but as soon as I started kicking my feet and the little piece of skin started waving in the water I would start screaming to the heavens in pain. Like if kids had cell phones back then, I would have called 911 every time.  Having this stubbed toe just ruined the whole pool experience too. Tough to have much fun in a pool when you can't put your foot in the water. I mean handstands get a little fucking old after a while.