Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Still Want to Be like Canada?


VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 2 - Canadian health authorities are defending a Vancouver-area hospital's decision to put overflow emergency room patients in a nearby coffee and doughnut shop. The situation arose late Monday night and lasted into Tuesday morning at the suburban Royal Columbian Hospital when a surge of 190 patients led officials to move five patients in hospital beds to the nearby Tim Hortons restaurant until the backlog could be cleared, The (Vancouver) Province reported.
The restaurant was closed and patients were separated by screens and monitored by medical staff, hospital officials said. The facility was cleaned after the patients were taken out. Provincial Health Minister Colin Hansen acknowledged the first-ever use of a coffee shop was unorthodox, but praised the hospital staff's ingenuity. "I think every emergency room in the province faces days when an unusual number of people will come through the doors," said Hansen. "The hospital staff, I think they did a good job of responding."

I hate politics, I do. Between that and Shakespeare its like choosing between freezing to death and burning to death. Just flip a coin because their both going to be painful as hell. I mean I can't understand the language of either and they both lie their asses off. Both Shakespeare and Politics have tons of sex, drugs, and corruption going on. With that said, I got so sick of hearing about the health care issue that I just didn't care anymore. Everyone seemed to want this and everyone talked about how Canada's system is so much better then ours. Well just read this article and tell me you still want to be like Canada. 

Just imagine thinking your being rushed to the emergency room and the driver hangs a left to a Dunkin Donuts. I would freak the fuck out. Just start throwing munchkins everywhere. Some guy is in the ER getting a nice morphine drip and I am in agony in some make-shift hospital room all hopped up on coffee beans. All the while, Canada is praising them for the "staffs ingenuity?"....God Bless America!