Thursday, March 10, 2011

DNA is Some Crazy Shit


Missing chunks of DNA responsible for turning genes on and off help explain some key differences between chimpanzees and humans — including why humans have big brains and why the human penis is not covered with prickly spines, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.
The study, published in the journal Nature, reinforces the notion that genes that control the activity of other genes play a big role in what makes humans so different from other mammals.

The full article is a lot longer and goes into much more detail but I think everything I needed to hear was summed up in the sentence that said "....why humans have big brains and why the human penis in not covered with prickly spines." Prickly spines?  Just another reason to thank your lucky stars you were a human and not a chimpanzee. Barring you have some sort of freakish STD, I think its safe to say that every guy reading this felt a little better about the way their penis looks. 

Im not really afraid of being naked. I mean my clothes are usually off long before the girl has a button undone. Call me weird but I feel like it helps facilitate the process. How long can she sit their fully clothed while im naked for. However you can bet your last dollar that if I had a penis "covered with prickly spines" I would be the most self conscious person on the planet. Sure their might be a few girls into that, but something tells me those girls aren't "wifey" material. So if I had prickly spines or PS, my boxers would basically be sewn to my waist. In order for me to hook up I would have to completely black the girl out so she has no recollection of my PS, I would then not just shut my bedroom ligths off but rather cut the electricity to the entire house, I would wear the thickest condemns they offer, and I would probably leave all my clothes on and fuck through my zipper. 

This is why DNA freaks me out, one little strand here or one missing strand there and you got prickly spines covering your penis!