Thursday, February 17, 2011

What Is The Protocal on Thanking Someone For Tickets

(actual photo)

Maybe its that im funny, maybe its that I can heckle the shit out of the opposing team, maybe its that im willing to drink anyday of the week but whatever it is, I tend to get invited to a decent amount of sporting events.  Now in the rare case its a friend's uncle, a client, or someone you don't know very well you just write them a nice thank you note. Usually though its one of my friends. In this case I just kind of do the whole thing where they don't charge me for the tickets and I pay for the boose. Which seems to be the unwritten rule with this sitution right? To be honest, since none of my friends ever really have great seats, I usually end up spending more money on the boose then if I just paid for the ticket but thats the name of the game I guess. My real question is what is the protocal if somebody just gives you abosulte shit tickets?

For example I visited my buddy in Austin the other week and he sat in a luxury box while me and my friends sat in the seats he "hooked us up" with. Lets just say "hooked up" was the biggest lie since kelly clarkson said she was full. I paid more for the sherpa and two tanks of oxygen to get to up to the seats then he paid for the tickets. Seriously I am still picking bloody boogers out of my nose. We didn't last long at those altitudes. We got there with 45 seconds in the half and were gone by halftime.

So do I owe this kid a thank you note? Do I have to repay the favor when he comes to boston? whats the rules here?