Thursday, February 24, 2011

Easy Bake Ovens


PAWTUCKET, R.I., Feb. 24 (UPI) -- Rhode Island toymaker Hasbro said a redesigned Easy-Bake oven will hit the market when 100-watt light bulbs cease to be manufactured. This new oven features a different heating element and offers an extensive assortment of mixes reflective of the hottest baking trends for today."

This is basically a pointless article. Like whoever passed this one into their boss must have some serious tenure/job sercurity. Talk about just packing it in at the end of you career. I mean the whole point of the story is that since they will no longer be making 100-watt light bulbs, Easy Bake Oven will switch light bulbs....NO SHIT. You could have put any toy or device that uses a 100-watt light bulb and written the same fucking story. Easy Bake oven isn't going to just shutdown their entire operation because 100-watt light bulbs are no longer being made. They will just switch to whatever cheap light bulb is safe enough to use.

The whole reason I even blogged about this is because it reminded me of the fact that this was the one toy that ever had me wishing I was a girl. Make fun of me all you want but every year my christmas list looked like this:

DEAR SANTA,

HERE IS A LIST OF THE THINGS I WANT, IN THE ORDER THAT I WANT THEM

#1 EASY BAKE OVEN
#1 Nerf Guns
#2 G.I. Joes

I wanted it so bad but my heterosexual side just wouldn't let me pull the trigger on asking for it. Probably a good thing though. I suck at dishes. I would have made one batch of brownies, with every fucking piece of candy imaginable in it, and then it would have just sat there covered in chocolate for years.