Monday, February 28, 2011

Kid Has Way Too Much Time



NORTHFIELD, Minn. — You wouldn't think a student at one of Minnesota's most demanding and prestigious colleges would have this much time on his hands. Carleton College student Corey Fauver filmed the evolution of his burgeoning beard over the course of more than a year's time. He took the equivalent of one photo per day and edited them in a dizzying sequence that takes the beard from mere stubble to busy mountain man territory and back again. Fauver's video was not just a personal indulgence: It took second place in Carleton's Goldon Schillers short film contest last Friday, and is now gaining "must click" status on the Internet.

I don't know whether this is cool or just creepy. On one hand I got to give the kid a lot of credit but when you think about it this kid took a photo of himself everyday for over a year straight. People like this weird me out. However its people like this who are usually internet sensations and become famous or atleast make money. So I guess I can sit here all I want but this kids making moves!