Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reader Email: Kevin Garnett is Insane....In an Amazing Way

Ok,
So last night something happened in the Sky Gym that was nothing short of one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen at a basketball practice.  The Mighty Celtics were here from 5:30-7:30pm.  It was just as each of you would expect, big time talent, big time effort, they have all the pieces.  About half way through the practice they start to scrimmage.  First team (Rondo, Sugar Ray, Peace, KG, Perkins) vs. the second team.  It’s a battle and these guys are going at it (ie 24 hours after the all star game..it’s no joke).  About half way through that scrimmage Doc Rivers takes KG out and puts someone else in his place.  Instead of going over and getting water, KG goes right over to the sideline at the OC and, as the scrimmage continues, STARTS SPRINTING UP AND DOWN THE SIDELINE like you would if you were running sprints.  He proceeds to do that for like 2 straight minutes (seriously, a dead full sprint), until Doc puts him back into the scrimmage.  As he walks right past me he says under his breath, I hate f-ckin’ sitting out Doc, let’s go.


 I got goosebumps just reading this story. I mean this is a meaningless scrimmage and KG is acting like its game 7 of the finals. Now I had zero shot of going ANYWHERE in basketball, but I would bitch everytime we had to run suicides or sixteens. Just constantly dry-heaving and sucking wind. Coaches always saying "stand straight up and keep your hands on your head." Fuck that, I will remain hunched over with my hands cemented to my knees and if you let me I will curl up into the fetal position with an oxygen tank. If you thought the Celtics were good before just wait till the second half of the season when they actually start trying. Ill already lock it in and say no chance the Celtics don't take home a championship when you have KG running sprints while "sitting on the bench" in a scrimmage.